Whether you are active in Europe now, or wish to be active in Europe in the future, REACH has to be a key element of your overall market strategy.
The REACH Mn Consortium was formed in January 2008 after considerable effort and input from its founding members. As a voluntary consortium an open invitation to join is extended to all organisations involved in the manganese industry worldwide.
With the active involvement of its membership the REACH Mn Consortium aims to:
- Evaluate existing data for relevant substances and highlight data gaps
- Jointly agree and initiate any necessary testing programmes
- Promote and manage the sharing of technical resources and knowledge
- Share its knowledge and support its members with the appropriate training on REACH and GHS
- Secure access to laboratory capacity and regulatory skills through agreements with contract testing service providers
- Have the registration dossier ready for submission before the end of November 2010
- Support the nominated lead registrant(s) for the relevant substances to submit the full registration dossier
- Manage and coordinate the whole process in a structured and cost effective way to ensure each member fulfils their REACH obligations on time
Compliance with REACH entails a wide range of responsibilities, liabilities, and costs. Individual organisations are unlikely to have the resources to fulfil all their REACH obligations in time by "going it alone." Instead, REACH encourages collaboration between importers and manufacturers of the same substance in order to meet their individual REACH responsibilities in a timely, efficient, and cost effective way. The formation of a voluntary consortium is an effective forum within which to realise this ambition.